To Be Least

"For he who is least among you all--he is the greatest." (Luke 9:48)

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

 

Igniting the Passion

Yesterday night, as I sprawled upon my bed doing some mathematics, I couldn’t help but thinking about my walk as a Christian. I wanted the love and the passion I once had for Christ back. My fervor for Jesus, somehow caught in the normality of life, had slowly died down to a forgotten dream. My tired eyes had taken precedent over the daily reading of God’s Word, and my dreary mind was slowly conquering the desire for intimate prayer with my God.

I knew all of this was taking place, but I could not respond. Listening to the radio’s music through some headphones, the hope of returning to my formal love seemed to be retreating fast into the night. It was during those moments, when I was so desperate for change, that I tore of my headphones and whispered some precious words to God.

“Lord, I need to change. I want to have the love for you I once possessed. Please help me.”

My ears tuned to the world around me, hoping to hear an answer from God. Only the blaring music from the headphones could be heard. I listened to the lyrics and found the answer I was looking for.

I must surrender all to Jesus. Those words were sung back to me, and I knew that I had found what I was looking so intently for.

I found the spark that would continue to ignite the flame of passion in my heart.

I must surrender all.

Comments:
Once again- WOW. I haven't been on your blog for, I dunno, about a week or so and I came on today and read the posts you've done recently and again- WOW!

I love this post. I remember the time I completely surrendered my life to Christ. It wasn't an exact time that i could point out- but the start of it was at camp in the summer. They told us we could accept Jesus- we could do all of that. But you have to completely surrender your life to Christ. And I got home from camp and I starting getting rid of all the things that were hindering me from complete surrenderance. :) Now I am all Jesus', every bit of me for Him. "All the Jesus I surrender, I surrender all". An old hymn, yet, so powerful.
 
As I read your post, the memories of going through difficult times and finding God still waiting on me....always waiting for me...came flooding back. It is such a feeling like coming home when we do finally surrender to Him. Michael, I pray that as close as you are to Him now, you will always be. It is such an encouragement to see the teenagers of today turnng to God in such personal and powerful ways.
Jimmy
http://BeingGods.blogspot.com
 
Hi Michael,

I'm so moved by your last several posts, this one in particular, and reminded by your heart's cry that surrender is the key to our abundant life in Christ. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and prayers. Your writing is good, Michael, and the Lord is using it to guide our hearts back to Him.

Blessings,
Vicki

http://windowstomysoul.blogspot.com
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

December 2003   January 2004   February 2004   March 2004   April 2004   May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?