To Be Least

"For he who is least among you all--he is the greatest." (Luke 9:48)

Saturday, December 11, 2004

 

Would You Remain Faithful?

The pastor was finishing up his closing thoughts, when two armed Russian soldiers walked in through the front doors.

"Get up!" they commanded threatening with their weapons. "We don't believe in your faith. It is false! We will shoot anyone who does not abandon their faith at once. If you choose to abandon your faith, move to the right and leave!"

Many church members were obviously persuaded, moving quickly to the right they headed out the door. Remaining were the faithful, those who would walk with Christ to their death. Although frightened, they were prepared to join Christ in his Kingdom.

After the unfaithful were out of sight, the soldiers smiled and put down their guns. Crying out in joy they proclaimed, "We, too, are Christians, but we wished to have fellowship with those who consider the truth worth dying for."

Would you be with those who left the church and abandoned the faith, or would you stand there ready to receive the spray of bullets? I will close on this verse from Matthew 24:12-13, "Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved."

Comments:
It's a bit alarming that these religious (urban) legends spread so quickly from pulpit to pulpit. I've heard the one you've just recounted, and dozens more... are they true? Researchers at www. shipoffools. com have done a bit of HW to find out if many of them are fact or fiction. To me, they are as inspirational as the plague of Christian knock-off t-shirts that sold like hotcakes in the 1980's/90's.
 
Strange I’m keep hearing that story over and over again. The last time I heard it was off “True and False Conversion” by Ray Comfort.
 
This was not an "urban legend." I read this story from a book written by Richard Wurmbrand who went through fourteen years of Communist imprisonment and torture. The book is title, "Tortured for Christ." It was written three days after his release from prison.

I am most confident that this is not urban legend, but a true story.
 
is the "truth"-fulness of a story based on its story, or on its facts? true or not, most folks reading it realize it *could* be true, factual or not. and its truthfulness lies somewhere beyond "did this really happen?", doesn't it?
 
I think the truthfullness of the story can also be found in its message. That many will not remain faithful and will abandon the faith when threatened, such as in the end times.

“Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved. (Matthew 24:9-13)

I hope the sheds some light, God bless you all.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
I really appreciate all your encouragement, Vicki. I would love it if your added my blog to your list. I think I will add yours to mine as well. :)

God bless you.
 
Just wanted to add a comment that I forgot to before:-)

To debate whether or not the above story is true or not is to completely miss the point. The point is, if your very life was threatened and you were asked to abandon your faith in Christ, WOULD you? Or would you cling to Christ til your very death? "Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him." (James 1:12). Whether we live or we die, if we belong to Christ, we will be WITH Him!

Blessings,
Vicki
 
Hi Mike,
Sorry if I accidently deleted my own post previously. Thought I'd come back to post again. What I said before is that your blog is wonderful because you bring up such important life issues to get people thinking. I pray that everyone who who visits here will get to know the Lord Jesus Christ personally. For a teenager, you really have a heart for the Lord and His kingdom! Keep up the faith and keep writing to glorify our Heavenly Father.

Blessings,
Vicki
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

December 2003   January 2004   February 2004   March 2004   April 2004   May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?