To Be Least

"For he who is least among you all--he is the greatest." (Luke 9:48)

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

 

Luke 13:1-5

When I read about of the tragic events that took place in our world and when I see the death toll growing everyday, a scripture verse comes to mind. Today, many could be asking themselves and God why these people had to die. Had they done something wrong to deserve God's wrath?

Listen to God.

Now there were some present at that time who told Jesus about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices. Jesus answered, “Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way? I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish. Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them - do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.” (Luke 13:1-5)


Think about it.

Comments:
Some people think that those who die in events like this are worse "sinners" and deserved it. However, Jesus said that they were not any worse than us and that unless we repent, we too will perish.
 
Hey, I just found your blog...I'm enjoying reading it. For more insightful Christian sites go to zoecarnate.com
 
Jared, my point was not that it was a scare tactic. My point was that some people may be lead to believe that this tragic accident was punishment.

Jesus says that those who died didn't deserve it any more than us.

That is all.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

December 2003   January 2004   February 2004   March 2004   April 2004   May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?