To Be Least

"For he who is least among you all--he is the greatest." (Luke 9:48)

Sunday, September 26, 2004

 

Mockery of God

There once was a young man. Now, this man was a strong Christian. He knew that Jesus Christ was his Lord and Savior. However, as he grew older he began to live in immorality and sin. Now, one night after about a year of this lifestyle, he died driving drunk. His family, who were Christians, were sad and greived. However, they found comfort in the fact that he once was a Christian and that God had taken him home so he would not hurt other with his sin. They knew the God called him home to be with him in heaven.

I find that story, which is based on many true stories, shocking and disgusting. The fact that people say that people living in sin are called home to be with God because they are hurting others with their sin is offensive. It is a mockery of God.

Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. (Galatians 6:7-9)

Comments:
Yeah, I agree and I think it's sad how some many Christians think they can live a sinful life, but as long as they believe in Christ then everything would be ok.
 
Hang on - isn't that the whole point? That none of us can be perfect, that none of us can avoid sin? That we all need Jesus to get into heaven?

I am not without sin. I also doubt that you are either. I would think it unwise for us to cast stones.

* I don't condone what these people do - but to my ears, what you say sounds like hypocrisy.
 
Where are you, Blogging Teen????
 
Where are you, Blogging Teen????
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

December 2003   January 2004   February 2004   March 2004   April 2004   May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?