To Be Least

"For he who is least among you all--he is the greatest." (Luke 9:48)

Monday, January 03, 2005

 

Kidnapped

My eyes seem to drop lower every second that passes. Today, unlike my restful winter break, drained every ounce of energy from every muscle in my body. But, I have a lot to be thankful for, especially for my sisters.

My father and I were driving when the cell phone rang. As it turned out, it was for his business and talked for a while. After he had hung up, he called home to the family.

That was when the world fell away from us in a dizzy spiral.

My sister was kidnapped.

Dad and I started to pray as we sped down the streets frantically trying to get home where our remaining family was.

Faster than a roller coaster that dips and turns without warning, my mind raced trying to comprehend what was happening. In a couple of days she could end up dead along a highway. There I could see her lying. She was raped, beaten and dead. Outwardly I was composed, but my soul wanted to scream in pure terror of the possibilities.

Seconds seemed like hours that slowly ticked away. As we neared our home, the cell phone rang once again.

Picking it up, my dad answered in hope and fear. My sister was found, they said, she never was kidnapped. With a huge sigh of relief, I knew it was a false alarm, a mistake that could happen to anyone.

Needless to say, I thank God more for my sisters now. What a blessing.

Comments:
Whew, what a relief. Thanks for sharing this story, Michael. God certainly was in control that day, wasn't He? It reminded me that I don't tell my brother and sister enough how thankful I am for them. I'll be doing that this very day.

Be God's,
Jimmy
http://BeingGods.blogspot.com
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

December 2003   January 2004   February 2004   March 2004   April 2004   May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?