"For he who is least among you all--he is the greatest." (Luke 9:48)
The constant pattering on the window pane kept me restless as I lay in bed. Moments earlier, God had opened the flood gates and released the torrents of rain upon the earth. Tossing and turning, I was not able to nod off into a world of unconsciousness and darkness. The occasional streaks of lightnening were not helping with my sleep, but something else was gnawing at my heart. Slowly it ate away at my insides, until in desperation I had to turn to the Lord.
Lord, You know that I am worried and stressed about things in my near future. Please help to put my trust in you, because I know that you are in control. Everything, Lord, works together for your purposes. Help me to fall asleep without the weight of worry on my shoulders. I am yours.
As I lay silent in bed, I began to write my thoughts. No, there was not paper nor a pencil, but I wrote. With ease, I formed sentences and words that expressed my intermost thoughts. It was complete.
When Christ becomes the very center of your life and when your trust is given unpartially to Jesus, he is a light within your soul. All the shadows of doubt and worry are no more under the brilliant light of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. With Christ in control, life becomes a fountain within you that flows eternally. With this life comes a peace that is only from God.
I have found this peace.