To Be Least

"For he who is least among you all--he is the greatest." (Luke 9:48)

Monday, December 13, 2004

 

I Will Seek God

The monotonous days tick slowly by. Every day at nine o’clock, I settle down in my favorite arm chair with my Bible in hand. After glancing at my reading schedule, I slowly scan the designated chapters, then offer God several sentences of prayer and turn off the lights. Day after day and week after week I plod along, trusting in God’s forgiveness of sins and content with my Christian walk.

But then I read the Old Testament and feel awed by the closeness with which Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and others were to God. Later, I make my way through the book of Acts and wonder why the church today is not like the early church. Why don’t we have the fervor to proclaim the truth of the gospel from the rooftops, without fear or hesitation? This brings to mind all those who have suffered for Jesus. They have been beaten and tortured for their faith that the cling to, yet they have unspeakable joy despite the pain.

Then I decided that I will live the life shown in the Bible. I will seek God with all my strength and soul knowing that I will find God. I want to know God truly, just as Abraham did. Without shame, I will proclaim the gospel to all men just as Paul did.

God, I will seek you without stop.
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. (Matthew 7:7-8)


Comments:
Mike, whenever I read your posts, such as tonight, my heart is warmed to hear of your serious commitment of faith at such a young age. Oh, that everyone would seek God while He may be found! The Lord God has called you to Himself; no wonder you sense such desire to seek Him with all your heart. I pray your love for God will influence others and help them direct their hearts to Him. We were created to know and love God!

Thank you for ministering to my heart tonight and for reminding me to continue to seek God with all my being, no matter what life brings. The joy of the Lord is our strength!

Blessings,
Vicki
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

December 2003   January 2004   February 2004   March 2004   April 2004   May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?