To Be Least

"For he who is least among you all--he is the greatest." (Luke 9:48)

Thursday, December 23, 2004

 

Holiday Break

Jesus said to his disciples in Luke 14:33, "In the same way, any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple."

That verse speaks strongly to me, and shows the importance and self-denial involved with following Christ. Everything, as you and I know, means everything. So in simple obedience of that statement, I plan on resting from things of this world for the rest of this year and focus on God alone. Please pray for me as I attempt to grow closer to our Savior and further away from this fallen world.

What does this mean for the blog? Well, I plan to take a short break from blogging the rest of this holiday season.

See you in 2005 a couple of days.

Comments:
Hey I like your blog. I linked over from you comments at Pomomusings. You are wasting your time there. They don't hold the belief that the Scriptures are the inerrant, infallible Word of GOD. I have debated many times there, to the point where they are tired of me.
Anyway, I am a worship leader and small groups pastor at a church on the Navajo reservation. We have an incredible and growing youth ministry, and I see your articulate and spirit filled posts as furthur proof that the youth are on the cutting edge of God's work. Be encouraged. What suburb do you live in? I was born and raised on the city's southside and many of my relatives lived in Blue Island, Dolton, and Riverdale,though almost all of us live in the western and the southern U.S. of A. now. I suggest a thorough study of 1 and 2 Timothy, if you have not already done so. Let no man despise your youth. Be Blessed!
 
Hi to all
Michael I must say to you that:
be in resting and not living in usuall way isn't right (from my opinion)
I'm a muslem and our divine's book say to us live simillar to the other people and endivoure in this path for growing yourselfs.
you don't do any sins and effort ;you do valuable works such as help pour people ,make happy the others and effort for growing yourself to up and uper till you reach best step that is possible for humanity and among of these efforts again you live similar the other and similar usuale human use world .
ofcource I can't say my divin's book aim in correct way for you in just a little text but I wish for you to grow whit your wills sooner and sooner.
buy
*** Bozorgmehr ***
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

December 2003   January 2004   February 2004   March 2004   April 2004   May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?