To Be Least

"For he who is least among you all--he is the greatest." (Luke 9:48)

Thursday, December 16, 2004

 

Hand to the Plow : Striving for Perfection

My fellow blogger over at Hand to the Plow recently wrote a post entitled "Striving for Perfection."
This is what we should be doing. However, many a Christian is too concerned with looking perfect rather than being it. At first glance the strive for perfection may seem stupid, because how can someone be perfect?--it's impossible. Alas, what we fail to realize is that the perfection we should be striving for is not based on the ideas of man, but rather those of God. For in the eyes of man we will never be perfect, but on that glorious day when Christ returns and we are ushered into His presence, then we will be perfect. We have to realize that the things that we are doing now--whether good or bad are affecting our eternity--either good or bad.

Paul says in Philippians 3:12-14, "I don't mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection! But I keep working toward that day when I will finally be all that Christ saved me for and wants me to be. No, dear brothers and sisters, I am still not all I should be, but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead. I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us up to heaven."

Striving: to devote serious effort or energy. How many of us are seriously devoting energy to the things of God? How many of us are actually doing what we promise God we will do week end and week out? How many of us are truly forgetting the past and focusing all of our energy to what lies ahead?

Perfection is not some pie in the sky ideal that would be nice to have, but it is something that we can truly attain. Not through mere human methods, but through His.

Over the past months, he has had some very insightful and interesting things to say about the Bible and the Christian walk. So stop by and say hello to a fellow believer.

Until tomorrow, God bless you all.

Comments:
Thanks Mike.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

December 2003   January 2004   February 2004   March 2004   April 2004   May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?