To Be Least

"For he who is least among you all--he is the greatest." (Luke 9:48)

Sunday, November 21, 2004

 

Giving to Needy

I have recently subscribed to the free Voice of the Martyrs monthly newsletter. I recently read about the Christians and other people in Sudan who are literally starving to death. All through this world, many of our brothers in Christ are in need of food and the basic necessities of life. Some have seen this problem and have served on the mission field helping these men and women with Christ like servant hood.

Yet, I just have to glance around at the church in America and I see something that disturbs me. I see churches expanding, building bigger and better auditoriums, gyms and other facilities. I see the church spending the majority of the money on its self.

This money could be used to provide food and clothing for those who are dying every day because they lack them. Rather then selfishly indulging in things for ourselves, should we not rather be giving to those in much greater need?

Comments:
It's indeed, disturbing, how we all live lavish lives in comparison to the ones who suffer elsewhere. I've thought the same things. I'm determined to raise awareness when possible, pray, and do as much as I can to help those in need.

Blessings & thanks,
Vicki
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

December 2003   January 2004   February 2004   March 2004   April 2004   May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?