To Be Least

"For he who is least among you all--he is the greatest." (Luke 9:48)

Monday, October 18, 2004

 

Do Not Love the World

However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?

That was said by Jesus in Luke 18:7. When you read it, it makes you think. I look at the immoral state of the United States. I look at the statistics that say that 80% of the American population is Christian. Yet statistics also say that Christians have the same divorce rate as non-Christians.
"Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him." (1 John 3:1)

We are told by the apostle John that if someone loves the world (the sin of the world), the love of the Father is not in him. That is a pretty strong statement. If you are love the world's sin, you are not saved. Period.

I know that many people who walk around calling themselves Christians live sinful lives. I know that many of them do not bear good fruit. We should examine ourselves. Are we these Christians?

Do we love the world? Do I love the world? Something to think about.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

December 2003   January 2004   February 2004   March 2004   April 2004   May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?