"For he who is least among you all--he is the greatest." (Luke 9:48)
The walk of a Christian is not an easy one. Temptations that threaten to entangle you again in darkness must be overcome. Every day I am tempted to sin. However, it is not a sin to be tempted, but to give into the temptation.
We are told in
Cor. 10:13-14 that, "No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it."
I, as much as any human, am tempted. Sometimes the temptation are so intense I think I will not be able to stand up under them. However, God says that he will not let us be tempted beyond what you can bear. With the help of the Holy Spirit, I can resist these temptations. I have to remember that my eternity is at stake. That I must remain faithful in order to enter the kingdom of heaven. This is a battle for my soul.
Lord, please help me. There are times when I think I can not overcome the temptation. Times when there looks like there is no hope. Give me strength to overcome my temptations. Lord, following you is not easy, but it is what I must do. I can not do it on my own Lord, help me.